A dead simple way to flavor your tempeh
Whenever I talk to people about tempeh one of the most common questions is how to prepare it. So the last few times I've sampled out the tempeh at local Durango grocery stores, I've included some with this Easy Mediterranean Tempeh marinade. And people love it!
What's in Easy Mediterranean Tempeh?
Oh, this is the best part! I specifically chose this recipe for people to taste because the ingredients are common ones that most people probably have in their pantry.
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
Just add your favorite tempeh!
How do you use this tempeh?
This recipe is pretty versatile. You can likely work it into many of your favorite Mediterranean recipes.
- Try it on a Greek salad.
- Make a gyro style pita with it.
- Serve it alongside tabouli.
- Crumble on top of stuffed peppers.
- Pop it on to an Italian-style sub sandwich.
- 8 oz. Luv Tempeh (chickpea varieties are nice here)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside. Dice tempeh into bite-sized pieces.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil and spices. Toss with tempeh to coat. Spread tempeh on baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes tossing at the halfway mark. Roast until lightly browned on each side.
You can also pan-fry, grill, or air-fry these. I cook it on a George Foreman type grill when sampling at grocery stores.